Here at TVbeat we believe that the people we hire are the most fundamental aspect of our business. We are looking for brilliantly smart, passionate and creative people to join our team to help transform the world of TV inventory owners towards a TV Audience First Market Place.
TVbeat is changing the way TV broadcasters, operators and OTT players work within the TV ecosystem. We provide a TV Inventory Management & Yield Optimization SaaS Framework, providing automated and scalable tools to accelerate their journey towards a TV Audience First Market Place and enablement of new sources of addressable TV advertising.
Working at TVBeat means being part of a fast-moving tech SaaS company, working with smart people that are passionate about their work and getting things done. Come take the journey with us.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, we are recruiting for a Lead DevOps Engineer.
We are looking for an individual who is skilled in the cultural and technical principles & practices of DevOps. You look for efficiencies, optimisations, and ways to improve through automation. Together, you will be part of a team who work together to deliver complex projects through agile methodologies. You’ll work closely with all tech teams as a central engineering consulting team working as facilitators, helping them to scale and optimise the use of their environments and orchestrations.
- You’ll create and develop tooling and building automation to allow us to scale to without breaking a sweat by eliminating the need for engineers to do routine tasks
- Build, continuously improve/scale, and maintain infrastructure to optimise our data products and data pipelines for performance and cost
- Design, implementation and monitoring of our CI/CD pipelines covering infrastructure, code build and deployment
- Drive the design, development, test, optimisation, and deployment of stable data solutions to our infrastructure that are cost-effective
- Input into planning, estimation and prioritisation within an agile framework to fulfil the backlog
- Line manage, continuously improve, certify and mentor data and DevOps engineers
- Takes the initiative with projects; helps define workflows and timeframes to support specifications and guidelines
- Enable product teams through implementation of deployment pipelines and deployment strategy from dev to production in a cloud-based environment, on premise and hybrid.
- Uses working knowledge of automation design and infrastructure to determine what to automate and perform large-scale sustainable, intelligent automation in a cross-functional environment
- Interprets the analysis of current architecture setup to understand and suggest potential enhancements
- Researching and evaluating tools to support domain-specific needs
- Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK WITH:
- Rust (our web services are written using Actix)
- Lua for scripting using in-house shell library
- A combination of specialised in-house data storage engines, Redis, and SQLite
- Data Science tooling (R/Python/SaS/Knime)
- Nix for builds & deployments
- Terraform, SaltStack, Consul and LXD for managing bare metal cloud
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are a skilled devops ninja who is proud to talk about your experience in automation paired with excellent knowledge of the best engineering and data practices in a commercial environments
- You do not settle at all for downtime or outages and do not want to be woken up in the middle of the night
- You have the ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- You’re production environment oriented
- You have experience in isolation of environments and working with various engineering teams to figure out how to best suit their needs
- 4+ years of experience working in/around DevOps
- Experience in infrastructure provisioning and automation tools (Ansible/Saltstack/Terraform etc)
- Experience in containerisation technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash
- Experience & hands on knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Minimum BSc education in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) we are also happy to consider longer hands on experience in-lieu of a degree.
- Nice to have: Experience in working with large scale data systems, data sources, organisation, cleansing and storage. In addition to conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and flow.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a fast growing company, TVbeat thrives on incredible flexibility and agility, and encourages our people to take full advantage of it. Our global teams provide a fantastic collaborative atmosphere, and we support each other with a great learning environment for personal development at every level. We partner with some of the world’s largest TV media companies, you shall be witness to the evolution of their TV advertising business, based on our SaaS Framework.
Competitive salary, stock options, benefits and generous holiday policy.